Saturday, March 24, 2012

          Hello world! It’s been quite a while since I’ve written down/typed up any of my musings or thoughts, so I may be a little rusty at it. The last time I had anything close to a blog was a Xanga, which should give you a pretty good indicator of how long it’s been. Most of the writing I’ve done in the past four years has been research papers of some sort, and so it feels very odd to be rambling about myself rather than about p-values and experimental designs.
          At any rate, here’s the deal: I am going to Australia in May! I am finally going to be able to visit another country outside of the U.S. besides Canada! (And frankly, I hardly count going to Toronto for my mother’s college reunion as visiting another country.) I will be going there as part of a study abroad program which focuses on coral reefs, their ecosystems, and their conservation. The class I am taking before my departure requires me to use a blog to reflect on the topics and readings covered in class, so the first several posts will be dedicated to my thoughts on the knowledge I accrue in the next six weeks or so. However, I thought it would be a shame to waste such a perfectly good blog by just stopping there, and so I have decided that I will continue posting about my travels when I finally do leave for Australia. So please keep reading, and expect more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment